|Inclusion Criteria||Exclusion Criteria|
1. Empiric research on human subjects published in the English in a peer-reviewed journal after 1990.|
2. Studies exploring views of the oncologists, haematologists and cancer specialists about palliative care referral.
3. Studies with Hawker’s methodological quality score of 19 or above.
1. Empiric research on the effectiveness of palliative care referral or mechanisms underpinning the effectiveness of the referral.|
2. Studies conducted at a non-cancer setting and not involving oncologists and haematologists