Our 3-step submission process
Before you submit
Now you’ve identified a journal to submit to, there are a few things you should be familiar with before you submit.
Ready to submit
To give your manuscript the best chance of publication, follow these policies and formatting guidelines.
- Check the quality of your writing - Free Language check
- General formatting rules for all article types - Preparing your manuscript
- Make sure your submission is complete - Prepare supporting information
- Copyright and license agreement - Conditions of publication
- Read and agree to our Editorial Policies - Editorial policies
Submit and promote
After acceptance, we provide support so your article gains maximum impact in the scientific community and beyond.
Please note that manuscript can only be submitted by an author of the manuscript and may not be submitted by a third party.
Annual Journal Metrics
2022 Citation Impact
3.1 - 2-year Impact Factor
3.7 - 5-year Impact Factor
1.518 - SNIP (Source Normalized Impact per Paper)
0.907 - SJR (SCImago Journal Rank)
28 days submission to first editorial decision for all manuscripts (Median)
165 days submission to accept (Median)
4,147 Altmetric mentions
Peer Review Taxonomy
This journal is participating in a pilot of NISO/STM's Working Group on Peer Review Taxonomy, to identify and standardize definitions and terminology in peer review practices in order to make the peer review process for articles and journals more transparent. Further information on the pilot is available here.
The following summary describes the peer review process for this journal:
- Identity transparency: Single anonymized
- Reviewer interacts with: Editor
- Review information published: Review reports. Reviewer Identities reviewer opt in. Author/reviewer communication
We welcome your feedback on this Peer Review Taxonomy Pilot. Please can you take the time to complete this short survey.